iPRATIK - the Twitter web app



After coming home in the college vacations, I faced with a shocking truth. My parents were going to US to meet my sis and me, being the worst timing champion, was having his internship in the same period. As a result, I DID NOT go.
So, they went and I was left in a lonely home, with crappy food and alternate day office routine (currently dong internship in Huawei).
Plenty of free time I can say, so decided to work on a twitter app. And the result is iPRATIK. It can send as well as show tweets from your twitter account as well as lets you see the twitter info of other people too.The best thing is you can access it from anywhere,regardless of what OS you are using or whether you are accessing from a pc or a mobile.It just works.
It is coded entirely in php using curl .It is powered by OAuth library by Abraham Williams. And while coding it, I was powered by recurring sessions of maggi and pizza.

I am still pondering over the licensing issues. The api being in MIT/X license and I intend to release it under GNU/GPL v3. It actually sparked a flame war over licensing topic in lug-bombay mailing list :D
Now, why such a name?
Well, iPRATIK was just chosen as test phase name because Steve Jobs was going haywire at that time over the new iPHONEv4(he still is, btw). Later, I decided to go with it.

now, cutting all this crap here is the link to try it yourself :)
http://pratikanand.co.cc/ipratik/login.php


and here is the source code:
http://github.com/pratikone/ipratik-twitter



Preview of my twitter web application I have been working for... on Twitpic

Future plans ??
Yaa, sleeping and eating at first. Later, I may further develop it and port to mobile platform.Till then , it's all peace and pizza.

4 comments:

E J said...

love the app ... but saale please change ur pic on the blog ...

Prerna said...

the app is a killer and so is your blog.

Prerna said...

I love the new feel of your blog, its so much alive now :)

PK said...

hi pratik...
Can u please tel me more information on Mozilla Firefox Campus rep?


my e-mail id is:
praveen.pai.m@gmail.com

 
Copyright © PRATIK ANAND's weblog.